Our Local corn is up! This past week it has just started hitting the farm stands and today, my wife and I, went out and got some for supper. Beautiful, beautiful corn and we have been waiting about 11 months for it. Lots of farm stands and lots of fields of corn, all waiting for us. Tomatoes were out, cucumbers looked good, lots of onions, potatoes and celery. Life is good. The kids were coming over for supper so we bought a dozen ears and for the 1st time I did them on the grill, in the husks. I’ve done them on the grill but never in their husks.
- cut tassels off of the corn
- strip off the extra outside husks
- Soak corn for at least one hour
- On a 350 degree grill put corn down
- Turn every 10 minutes or so for 30 minute This is how the husks looked after 15 minutes