Saturday, May 07, 2005

My name is Ted, not Dick

Congratulations are certainly in order for Dayna because she guessed my Name, on her second try. Thanks to Denise for not blowing the game because she knew my name from past emails. My email address is at the end of my profile thing “about me” and it starts out Ted8233. When I started this blog I wanted to remain anonymous so I went by Dick and then I told you my life history in my profile including my email address. Some anonymous.
I chose Dick because so many people call me Dick and those that don’t call me John and a few even call me Tom. Even in the Navy they called me Dick or John???? It got so bad that when I bought new Dungaree Uniforms I had them stencil Dick on the Pocket instead of Ted. The first time I came home on leave and my Mom washed my clothes, I heard her yell out “Who is Dick!!”. It was kinda tough to really explain to her. To my Mom I was either Theodore or Teddy Ray. Boy did I ever hate Teddy Ray. All of her friends called me Little Teddy Ray, isn’t he the baby of the family? I finally got rid of that moniker when I was 16, 6’2,” 205# and Tackle [offense and defense] on the football team. Then when I got married my wife picked it up using it only in mixed company, at social occasions, when she is introducing me. Then her sister picked it up. They both think they are so clever. So my name is TED

1 comment:

Ted said...

I can see the name Dick from Dickson but John & Tom?????I usually don't correct them so some people have been calling me John or Tom for years. Maybe it's just a New England thing. TR is actualy my preference.