Monday, January 02, 2006

Coca Cooler

This is my Pop Cooler and I read the blog [see below] and ran outside and took the picture. to help with the nostalga.

For Robert and Mich

I remember a similiar cooler at every Mom and Pop store in our town. A cooling coil kept the water about 33 degrees and you didn't wish to hang around with your hand in the water, visiting. Orange Pop was my favorite. For us South Dakota boys it was called Pop and this was a pop cooler. It became a soda cooler when I moved to New England in 1985. This is a picture in my backyard of my cooler next to our out door fireplace. I use it when we have a yard party to hold the beer. The guys usually stand around, soaking up the suds and wax sentimental over their heritage. Really is a great 'ice breaker'. I have to do something with it because it is starting to rust but it still works as a beer cooler. Mabey I should will it to my son-in-law. He can figure out what to do with it.

This all comes about from reading a blog called The Blog Brothers Click on the hyperlink as it is really a great read.

No comments: