Tuesday, January 25, 2005

More Chinese Cardboard

It is several days past my Grandsons 8th birthday party and once again I am confronted by a large pile of Chinese Cardboard. He got more Lego's and things that are called "Transformers" for his birthday. All were packaged in Chinese Cardboard. At first I was upset that Lego's were in Chinese Cardboard but then I realized that they weren't an American Company after all. Of Swedish origin's, I believe, and so am I. At least 50% of me is anyway. We can forgive a "Other Country" company from using Chinese Cardboard and my scorn, can't we? I've blogged about the structure and values of Chinese Cardboard in an earlier post and won't bother you with details. Most of these boxes said Made in Denmark, Bangladesh and Singapore [the thinly veiled code word for Chinese Cardboard]. This morning I tried to provide Chinese Cardboard with a real use in my shop. When I start my morning fire I put in wadded up newspapers [one sheet at a time please] small, thin, pieces of wood. Then larger pieces of wood and then big pieces of wood. When a match is introduced, a quick burning fire results heating my entire shop with hardly any smoke. This morning I introduced Chinese Cardboard on top of the newspapers with the anticipated result being a quicker hotter fire. Well the damn Chinese Cardboard didn't burn well at all and the result was that ever hole, seam, rust spot in the stove [note. Old Stove] started oozing large amounts of Chinese Smoke, filling the entire shop with a sort of greenish haze. There I was breathing Chinese Smoke trying to get my fire going. Finely I heard the roar as the stove came on line, eating up the Chinese Smoke and warming my shop. Now I have to spend the day smelling like a Chinese Forest Fire. In my earlier blog I had proved the value of Chinese Cardboard as a fuel, much like a log but I cannot find a value for it other than that. The moral to this story is "Don't Try To Use Chinese Cardboard To Start A Fire"

No comments: